We at Ballet Arts are excited to be performing our annual production of Nutcracker this December! This marks our 39th annual production of Nutcracker, which is the longest running Nutcracker performance in Tennessee.
This year’s performance takes place December 11th-13th at the Carl Perkins Civic Center in Jackson, TN. And while this may be our 39th annual Nutcracker, there are several new elements for this year’s performance. On the following page, you’ll find helpful links and information about Nutcracker 2020 including ticket information, new health protocols, directions to the Civic Center, and much more!
For the first time in the history of Ballet Arts- you can enjoy The Nutcracker from the comfort of your own living room.
Like most performing arts organizations, Ballet Arts is struggling due to COVID-19. We are suggesting a donation of $30. We count on proceeds from The Nutcracker to fund the spring performance. Donations can be made at balletartsjackson.org/support and are tax-deductible.
This year’s performance is sponsored by the Jackson Arts Council, Tennessee Arts Commission, VIP Jackson, Froggy 104.1, Thomas Media, The Jackson Symphony, Allegra, WBBJ, WLJT/PBS of West Tennessee, Elite Signs, Newstalk 101.5 & NBC 39.
There will be a limited number of tickets available for this year’s production of Nutcracker. Tickets can be purchased through tix.com (fees apply) and a full calendar of event dates, showtimes, and event directions can be viewed below. Also, please reference our ticket policies to review any changes for all upcoming events and shows.
We are excited to be performing this year’s Nutcracker, and we are also concerned about the health and safety of our company and audience during this difficult time. To this end, we have established guidelines for ticket sales, Sweet Shoppe, Boutique, and cleaning the seating area between shows. Please review the full list of guidelines here.
Production Dates and Times:
Nutcracker showings will take place from Friday, December 11th to Sunday, December 13th. Please reference the calendar below for showtimes.
Celebrating 39 years of Nutcracker…
We are thrilled to continue the holiday tradition of the Nutcracker, as this year features our new Artistic Director, Caroline Meinert. For this year’s show, audience members can enjoy seeing some new and exciting scenes and elements mixed among some of our favorite moments. So, if you are enjoying your first Nutcracker, or your 39th – we’ll have an exciting and memorable performance for you and your family!
Nutcracker will be held at the Carl Perkins Civic Center located at 400 S Highland Ave, Jackson, TN 38301. For more information on the Civic Center and the City of Jackson, click here.
For other Civic Center and Ballet Arts policies regarding the upcoming show, please review the guidelines below:
- Carl Perkins Civic Center has reserved parking spaces for patrons with disabilities, seating areas for patrons using wheelchairs, and accessible restrooms. Each floor is connected by an elevator and stairs. Restrooms are located on every floor.
- Ballet Arts prohibits the use of cameras, video cameras, and cell phones in the theater auditorium. All cell phones, pagers, and beepers must be placed in silent mode.
- The use of tobacco products is not permitted in the building.
- Latecomers will be seated at an appropriate time during the performance at the discretion of the usher.
- No food or drink is permitted inside the theater auditorium.
- All seating is reserved. Premium seating consists of the lower three sections (sections 2, 3, and 4). Choice seating consists of the left and the right lower sections (sections 1 and 5) and the upper three center sections (sections B, C, and D). Select seating consists of the left and right upper sections (sections A and E).
Questions? Contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org